About Winter Construction
Since 1962, Winter Construction has tackled the industry’s most challenging projects with expertise and agility.
Our most important legacies, though, are the good relationships we build with our valued clients.
Winter is more than a general contractor; we strive to be a strategic partner and trusted ally, delivering a good experience and outstanding results and building the foundation for success.
Ranked as one of the ENR Top 400 Contractors in the United States, Winter provides a comprehensive range of commercial construction services to the hospitality, retail, government, higher education, K-12, student housing, aviation, religious, healthcare, industrial, multi-family, recreation, and historic restoration market sectors throughout the Southeastern and Mid-Atlantic regions. Privately owned and operated, Winter Construction is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia.
Exceptional building is about more than just great job-site performance. It is about the trust we establish and the positive experiences we build with owners, architects, subcontractors, suppliers, and our employees. This foundation allows us to approach even the most complex projects with confidence, competence, and ingenuity.
- Best Places to Work, Atlanta Business Chronicle
- Healthiest Employers, Atlanta Business Chronicle
2015 (#1, Small Companies), 2016 (#3, Medium Companies)
- Community Builder Award, Georgia Hispanic Construction Association
2015 (General Contractor)
- Safety Training and Evaluation Process (STEP) Award, Associated Builders and Contractors
2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015 (Platinum Level), 2016 (Platinum Level)
- Georgia Safety Excellence Award
2004, 2008, 2009
- Gold Business Roundtable Safety Training and Evaluation Process, Associated Builders and Contractors
1990, 1991, 1993, 1998, 1999, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- Top 400 Contractor, Engineering News Record
2014, 2015, 2016
- Top 25 Commercial Contractor, Atlanta Business Chronicle
- Top 25 Interiors Contractor, Atlanta Business Chronicle
- Best Project, Engineering News Record Southeast
2015, Cultural/Worship Category, Scaly Slimy Spectacular! Amphibian and Reptile Experience at Zoo Atlanta
- Project Achievement Award, Construction Management Association of America South Atlantic Chapter
2014, Buildings/Public/Renovation Greater than $20M, Maynard Jackson High School
2015, Buildings/Public/New Construction, Scaly Slimy Spectacular! Amphibian and Reptile Experience at Zoo Atlanta
2016, Buildings/Renovation/Under $10 Million, Metropolitan Library
2016, Buildings/Renovation/Sustainability, Metropolitan Library
- Excellence In Construction Award, Associated Builders and Contractors of Georgia
2014, Awards of Excellence, Hyatt Regency Skylight Replacement
2016, Award of Merit, Asheville Outlets
2016, Award of Merit, Metropolitan Library
2016, Award of Merit, Scaly Slimy Spectacular! Amphibian and Reptile Experience at Zoo Atlanta