As Director, Carrie brings her knowledge, experience and knack for creative problem solving to Winter’s K-12 and Higher Education, Government, and Aviation construction and renovation projects. She is involved with each of her projects from the very earliest stages all the way through to completion.
Her continuous involvement allows her to build relationships with the owners of a project, creating a seamless experience for them. Carrie enjoys the unique challenges that each project brings to the table. She eagerly approaches them with a mind set towards keeping each of her projects on time and on budget. Carrie’s construction career started during her college years, where she worked in field engineering. After graduating in May 2000, with four years of construction experience already under her belt, Carrie joined Winter Construction in June of that same year. Her first project was the Aderhold building for Georgia State University in Downtown Atlanta, a project which taught her a tremendous amount and launched her directly into the education market. She was promoted to Assistant Project Manager after the success of her first project, and her work ethic, natural affinity for construction, and discipline contributed to her eventual promotion through the ranks to Senior Project Manager, responsible for Winter’s K-12 and Higher Education sector. Now as Director, her scope of leadership has expanded to include all Winter’s public-sector projects: K-12 and Higher Education, Government, and Aviation. Carrie’s notable projects include:
- Concourse T North Gates Optimization for Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- Benjamin E. Mays High School Renovation for Atlanta Public Schools
- Maynard Jackson High School Renovation for Atlanta Public Schools
- Sarah Smith Intermediate School Construction and Expansion for Atlanta Public Schools
- University Center for North Georgia College & State University (now part of University of North Georgia)
- Recreation Center and Parking Deck for North Georgia College & State University (now part of University of North Georgia)
- Mount Vernon Presbyterian School Campus Master Planning
Carrie graduated from Georgia Tech in 2000 with a degree in Civil Engineering. She also has an MBA from Georgia State University. Growing up she was constantly moving from one place to the next, due to her father’s Army career. She went to 13 different schools – three in a single year at one point. She has experienced a wide array of educational institutes from the student perspective first hand. Carrie chose Winter Construction for the professional opportunities, the business culture, and because their regional focus would allow her to set down roots. Today she happily calls Atlanta home.