Constructed in 1918, Laura Spelman Hall is a named structure in the Atlanta University Historic District and originally housed a home economics classroom building. Prior to closing for renovation, it housed study space on the ground floor and student housing on the upper floors. Renovation and restoration included the complete interior demolition and build-back of the interior structure, exterior building upgrades, replacement of the MEP system, installation of HVAC systems, ADA upgrades, and all new finishes. The new space houses study areas and student housing. LEED® Gold Certified.