Winter restored the 18,681 square-foot historic sanctuary as part of a two-phase project. A major aspect of the sanctuary restoration involved returning the chancel floor to a level plane. The floor tile, which dates back to the church’s original construction in 1906, was saved and reinstalled. Winter also completely gutted the floor, walls and ceiling of the 20,321 square-foot undercroft of the sanctuary; poured new concrete slab; and built new church offices, choir dressing rooms, and new space for Sunday school classes. Despite unforeseen structural issues, Winter was able to complete the restoration of the sanctuary in time to accommodate the upcoming Christmas services. Winter managed the asbestos abatement of the sanctuary and an adjacent building on the property before it was demolished. Phase II of the project, the addition of a new 90-foot concrete frame, gothic-style bell tower, was constructed to blend in with the church’s refurbished brick facade and terra cotta finishes. The bells were shipped from Eskrieg, England. This project received an “Excellence in Construction Award” from the Georgia Associated Builders and Contractors.